Grounded in Santosha

One year ago, I made the tough decision to leave a well-paid job with the County, not knowing where life would take me. As I reflect on the past year, I can't help but feel a sense of Santosha - a deep gratitude for seeking what brings me purpose, ease, and financial stability while also doing good on this earth.

I left my job with hopes of a new career, but my excitement was short-lived. The position and salary I had been promised turned out to be too good to be true. The workplace was stifling, and I was treated with dismissiveness and shaming behavior. It was a nightmare, and I had to leave for the sake of my sanity. Thankfully, I eventually found a new position, but the pay was much less, and my family and I are struggling to get by.

Despite these hardships, I am staying grounded in Santosha. This past year has been a rollercoaster, but health and family are flourishing. It's a reminder that life is about more than just work and money.

As I look at the California Oak tree in the parking lot of my old job - a tree that provided comfort and strength during the pandemic - I am reminded to stay grounded in love, hope, and beauty. This tree stood tall and strong, just like I hope to stand as I navigate the twists and turns of work and financial struggles.

This past year has taught me the importance of staying true to my values, even in the face of adversity. It's easy to get caught up in the stress and chaos of everyday life, but taking a moment to reflect on what truly matters can help us stay grounded and focused on what's important. So here's to another year of growth, learning, and staying true to ourselves, no matter where life takes us.

Popular Posts